Volunteering Victoria advocates for and supports the rights, well-being and interests of volunteers. We build and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships to ensure engagement and investment for the volunteering sector.
Volunteering Victoria has set a number of strategically significant priorities to:
- Influence State government and members on policy matters that impact volunteering
- Support VA, State Peaks and others to succeed in the changing world of volunteering
- Enable members to advocate within their own sector (e.g. local govt, own peak body etc.) to support the rights, well-being and interests of volunteers
- Develop and promote resources that improve the volunteering sector and the volunteering experience.
Have something you think we need to focus on?
Volunteering Victoria State Election Priorities
Volunteering Victoria calls for our political leaders to commit to our vision of a vibrant, thriving volunteering community that is inclusive, respected, and sustainable.
Volunteering despite COVID
Volunteering Victoria, through consultation with its members, believes the Victorian Government must urgently act to ensure that VIOs and Community Sector organisations can count on solid volunteering participation to meet the increased demand on their services.
Victorian Volunteer Strategy
We are pleased to be working on the Victorian Government, Strategy Taskforce overseeing the development of the strategy, alongside other senior leaders and strategic thinkers.
As the peak body for volunteering, we seek to engage widely with relevant leaders in all political parties. We want to work with them to address challenges faced by our sector and opportunities to support our communities through volunteerism.
Victorian State Budget Submission 2022/23
We are pleased to provide this submission to the Victorian Government, in preparation for the 2022-2023 budget, including:
- Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH)
- Emergency Management Victoria (EMV)
- Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV)
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR)