The 2021 Volunteering Awards recognise and celebrate the impact volunteers, volunteer leaders and volunteer programs have in building resilient communities, services and connections across Victoria. Showcasing excellence by individuals, teams and volunteer involving organisations, the 2021 Awards are being run by Volunteering Victoria with the support of the Victorian State Government through the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).
The 2021 Volunteering Awards are a combination of the Premier’s Volunteer Champions Awards and the Volunteering Victoria State Awards.Read the Premier's media release
Nomination period (October 2021 – January 2022)
- Nominations open 12:30pm, 20 October 2021
- Nominations close 5:00pm, 14 January 2022
Assessment and selection (January – February 2022)
- Judging panel assesses nominations
- Shortlisted nominees notified
- Shortlisted nominees accept Terms & Conditions and are subject to a National Police Check
Announcement of shortlist
- Shortlist announced 23 February 2022
- March 2022
- Austin Health for the Telehealth Program – Winner of the COVID-19 Innovation and Resilience Awards at the 2020 State Awards
- Lucy Donaldson, Lord Somers Camp and Powerhouse – Winner of the Leadership Award at the Premier’s Volunteer Champions Awards 2019
- Workways Gippsland Engaged Mentoring (GEM) Program – Winner of the COVID-19 Resilience Award at the 2020 State Awards
Categories and selection criteria
There are a total of eight categories in this year’s Volunteering Awards with seven open for direct nomination. Please refer below for more information and the selection criteria for each category.
The Premier’s Volunteer of the Year known as the Dame Elisabeth Murdoch Award will be selected from nominees shortlisted for these categories: Volunteering Pathways to Skills and Community Inclusion; Inclusive Volunteering; Volunteering Leadership and Volunteering Partnerships.
The guidelines for making a nomination can be found here and should be read before submitting a nomination.
All nominations must be submitted online.
Open to volunteer-involving organisations
For volunteer-involving organisations
View categories and nominate a volunteer-involving organisation or program here.