Volunteering Victoria want to make volunteering and our resources inclusive for people with disability, newly arrived migrants, and First Nations Peoples of Victoria. To do this, we are setting up Advisory Groups. If you want to be a voice for your community then we want to hear from you!
Volunteering Victoria received federal funding to manage the Volunteer Management Activity program across Victoria. The funding aims to break down barriers to volunteering for First Nations Peoples, people with disability, and newly arrived migrants to Australia.
Volunteering Victoria is committed to building a vibrant, strong volunteering community that is inclusive, respected, and sustainable.
Volunteering Victoria strives to prioritise the self-determination, experiences, and goals of First Nations Peoples in the development of organisational resources, programs, and activities that address barriers to volunteering or community giving.
Your voice is important to us, and we need you to help inform and transform the volunteering sector!
About the Advisory Groups
The Advisory Groups will enable the perspectives of each community to be incorporated into our activities and help make the volunteering sector more inclusive. Each group will meet three times per year (usually online) for approximately 2 hours per meeting.
- ask for your ideas and feedback about existing volunteer resources and development of new resources (e.g. fact sheets, guides) to make volunteer involving organisations more inclusive and diverse
- provide a safe space for discussion of current and emerging issues within the volunteering sector from the perspective of each priority group
- listen to you and learn the barriers to volunteering from your perspective
We are seeking a diverse range of group members from regional and metro Victoria who have a passion for using their lived experience to influence improvements that make our communities stronger.
- you are living in Victoria
- you are 18 years of age or older
- you have direct personal experience as a member of one of the following groups:
– First Nations Peoples of Victoria
– People with disability
– Newly arrived migrant to Australia within the last five years and/or granted Australian permanent residency status within the last five years
How do I apply?
We will be accepting submissions of your expression of interest at any time! If the advisory group is at capacity for membership, we will keep your details on file and get in touch with you when a position become available.
To register your interest in joining one of our Advisory Groups, please complete the online registration form below. Alternatively you can also download a Word version of the registration form and return via email to [email protected].
Benefits of joining
- develop leadership skills
- gain experience in decision-making
- network and make professional connections
- be a voice for change and inclusivity in the volunteering sector
- gain committee experience
- see your ideas implemented
How we will support you
- Members of the Advisory Groups will be paid on honorarium
- We will listen to your needs when planning our meetings so that we can make the sessions as welcoming, inclusive, and accessible as possible
- We will be flexible
- We will facilitate a collaborative and safe meeting format
- We will show sensitivity and discretion of your shared personal lived experience
If you have any questions about the Advisory Groups, the expression of interest process or would prefer to submit your expression of interest with someone over the phone, you are welcome to call 03 9052 4524 or email us at [email protected].