- Developing and reviewing of organisational policies
- Attracting and retaining volunteers, and;
- How to gain recognition and commitment to volunteering across the broader organisation.
- Understand the benefits of implementing the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- Utilise relevant Gap Assessment tools
- Identify steps for implementing the national standards in their organisation
- Identify potential barriers and strategies that support change
- Develop an action plan
Meet the trainer
Sector Development Trainer
Following an early-life career change (from patents translator to not-for profit), Hazel has worked for a number of Not for Profit organisations in the past three decades, including the Australian Red Cross, Amnesty International and The Cancer Council Victoria. She has managed large and small volunteer programs.
Hazel is a trainer for Volunteering Victoria and runs public and in-house training sessions for the not-for-profit sector. She is passionate about encouraging people who are socially isolated or marginalised to volunteer, and upholding the rights of volunteers. Hazel has volunteered for much of her life, joining St John Ambulance Brigade as a volunteer first-aider when she was eleven because she liked the uniform – this relationship was short-lived as she fainted at the sight of blood on her first assignment.
Hazel became a board member of Volunteering Victoria in 2006 and was the President of the Board of Management from 2008 to 2010. She was awarded honorary life membership of the national peak body, Volunteering Australia, in 2006 and has had a number of articles published in professional journals, mainly on topics relating to volunteer management.
“This workshop was really helpful in focusing on what can be achieved in my role as a Volunteer Coordinator.”Debra ValleyWorkshop Attendee
“I really enjoyed the trainer's knowledge and experience. It made all the difference!”AnonymousWorkshop Attendee
“I really enjoyed working in groups. They were well-timed and managed - great workshop!”Bev McLennanWorkshop Attendee
Registrations for this training will open soon.
Registrations full? Contact [email protected] to be added to the waiting list.