Theme: Changing communities, changing lives; re-imaging volunteering in dynamic times
When: Monday 18 May 1:00 – 5:00 pm
National Volunteer Week (NVW) is the annual celebration to acknowledge the generous contribution of our nation’s volunteers.
From 20–26 May 2019, thousands of events will be held across the country to say thank you to the 6 million Australians who volunteer their time.
On 18 May, Volunteering Victoria was delighted to celebrate National Volunteer Week by running a 5 hour broadcast for everyone to watch. Participants were invited to an event that used technology, humour, art and intellect to explore the dynamic changes happening in volunteering and its impact on communities during COVID-19.
Welcome by Board Chair
- Bronwen Clark, Chairperson Volunteering Victoria
Panel discussion 1: Leadership and Scaling up Volunteering in a Post COVID-19 World
- Sharon A. Walsh – Director, Volunteer Services at Bendigo Health
- Tim Ryan – Chief Executive Officer at Lord Somers Camp and Power House
- Richard Dent – Leadership, Strategy & Governance Specialist
- Facilitator: Scott Miller – Chief Executive Volunteering Victoria
Panel discussion 2: Youth Volunteering
- Sally Coggiola – Organising Director, Australian Youth Climate Coalition
- Gaston Foucade – Volunteer management Mentor & Leadership Coach
- Sara Rickards – Changemaker and author in education, systems, design & transformative learning
- Facilitator: Luke Stickels – Comedian, Journalist, Educator, Volunteer & Campaign Manager