State Election 2022
In the lead up to the State Election 2022, Volunteering Victoria is advocating for volunteer organisations and volunteers to be acknowledged and resourced.
- Create a dedicated Ministerial Portfolio for Volunteering
- Ensure the volunteering workforce is accounted for recognised in all Victorian Government workforce strategies
- Allocate appropriate and sustainable investment for the Victorian Volunteer Strategy
- Develop a well-resourced and co-ordinated spontaneous volunteer engagement strategy
- Secure the future of Victoria’s place-based volunteering infrastructure.
We are meeting with political parties and promoting these priorities to all state election candidates. We are also asking our members and the sector to join us in our advocacy efforts by contact local MPs and sharing our resources.
We invite you to join the Volunteers Vote! State Election campaign. Let’s work together to make sure our Election Candidates see the value of volunteering and commit to supporting Victoria’s volunteers. After all, Volunteers Vote!
- Send a letter to the candidates in your electorate OR call their office.
- Follow our socials to share one of Volunteering Victoria’s volunteer stories:
- Share your own volunteer story on social media. Remember to use the hashtags #VolunteersVote , #InvestInVolunteering and #ValueOfVolunteering
- Spread the word! Add one of our banners to your email signature or use one of our social media tiles below.
- Personalise your letter. Election candidates get many letters. So to get their attention, add personal details such as your own experience of volunteering or how you have benefited from the work of volunteers.
- Send your letter by post. Email is good, but paper is less likely to be overlooked.
- Follow up with a phone call. Ask for a response, ask to speak to your candidate or if you have time, request a meeting.