Local Government Authority (LGA) members of Volunteering Victoria demonstrate their commitment to the volunteering sector generally and within their organisation. Furthermore, LGA membership provides the key contact and any nominated staff from the government body, department or agency with access to a great range of member benefits and services.
LGA membership is suitable for any Local Government Authority/Council and may also suit State or Federal Government departments and agencies.
As a Local Government Member, you will receive:
- Discounts on all Volunteering Victoria conferences and events, consultancy services, training and workshops, and other fee-for-service programs;
- Free access to our Volunteer Management Mentoring Program;
- Access to our sector leading CPD program (at cost) for Volunteer Managers;
- Opportunities to input, contribute and shape the future of volunteering through our advocacy and policy work;
- Ability to self-promote your volunteering-related stories and activities via online groups and forums;
- Networking with your peers at “Member Only” events;
- Access to advice, support, publications and research on volunteering-related matters;
- Opportunity to engage and exchange ideas at our special interest groups and contribute towards strategic projects;
- Access to a range of tools and resources to help you recruit, retain and give recognition to your volunteers;
- Opportunity to partner with Volunteering Victoria on projects, events and programs;
- Use of the Volunteering Victoria membership logo and member certificate to promote your support for the volunteering sector and for Volunteering Victoria;
- Acknowledgement of your membership and support for volunteering via business listing on the Volunteering Victoria website and annual report;
- Voting rights (1 per membership) at the Volunteering Victoria Annual General Meeting (AGM).