Our Annual Membership Survey is an important opportunity to engage with our members and help ensure our work supports you and your organisation.
Thank you to all our members who took the time to complete our 2022 Member Engagement Survey.
See below for a summary of the results.
|Net Promoter Score||4||27||31|
(rating of 9 or 10)
Net Promoter Score:
Customer satisfaction benchmark that measures the likelihood of others recommending your organisation or service to others. Scores range from -100 to +100.
Top 5 Key Drivers for Membership
- Access to resources (67%)
- Gain new ideas and strategies (55%)
- Participate in training opportunities (46%)
- Access to advice and support (42%)
- Support the sector (41%)
- Staff professionalism (friendly, reliable, helpful, knowledgeable, responsive)
- Support, information and resources provided
- Quality and value of training
- Networking opportunities
Areas to Improve
- Variety and availability of training offerings
- Increasing networking opportunities
- Online event functionality
- Extending reach and accessibility in regional areas
- Greater government influence
Our members’ perception of Volunteering Victoria’s advocacy efficacy:
- 59% feel we are effective in influencing State Government and members on policy matters that impact volunteering
- 64% feel we are effective in supporting Volunteering Australia, State Peaks and others to succeed in the changing world of volunteering
- 51% feel we are effective in enabling members to advocate within their own sector to support the rights, well-being and interests of volunteers
- 84% feel we are effective in developing and promoting resources that improve the volunteering sector and the volunteering experience
Areas of Focus for 2023
The main problems or barriers to volunteering that our members would like us to address in the coming year through our advocacy and policy work:
Inclusion & diversity
Net promoter score
What is the current status of volunteering activities?
Interestingly, the timing of the survey coincided with the end of the latest lockdown. The responses showed a gradual return to life of volunteering activities with:
How effective is the advocacy from Volunteering Victoria?
Top 5 key drivers for membership
The five key drivers behind our members’ decision to join Volunteering Victoria were:
- getting access to resources (71%)
- access to advice and support (44%)
- participating in training opportunities (40%)
- gaining new ideas and strategies (36%)
- being represented by the peak body (32%)