Since approximately 2003, the Australian Government has funded Volunteer Support Services across Australia under a variety of different funding schemes. These services provide valuable place-based support for volunteering across Australia. Many of these volunteer support services are based in Victoria. A full list is available here.
The current version of this funding stream, the Volunteer Management Activity, is due to finish in June 2021.
At the beginning of 2018, the Australian Government commenced review of the funding services, and a report was released to the sector in late 2019.
Resources and links
- Volunteer Management Activity Summary
- Volunteer Management Activity Frequently Asked Questions
- Report on the Review of the Volunteer Management Activity
- The Value of Volunteer Support Services
- Letter from Volunteering Victoria to Minister Ruston
- Discussion Paper -Considerations for the future of the Volunteer Management Activity Program