Leading People During COVID-19
Updated 24 March 2021
Volunteering is permitted under the current restriction level.
- In order to have volunteers on site, your organisation must have a COVID safe plan
- Volunteers must physically distance and are encouraged to wear a mask at all times no matter where they volunteer in the organisation
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times when inside the organisations they volunteer at and physically distance where able
- Organisations can open and there is no cap pr group limits for entry. There is a density quota requirement of 1 person per 2 sqm when using electronic record keeping. Otherwise, 1 person per 4 sqm
- Record keeping is required
Stay up-to-date with Government restrictions here.
Information on COVID-19 vaccinations:
The Australian COVID-19 vaccination program commenced officially on Monday 22 February 2021.
How are volunteers included in the phased roll-out?
Generally, in Victoria, it is up to the organisation to decide which phase their volunteers will be vaccinated in.
Federal vaccine program roll-out effecting Victorian volunteers include the following:
- In relation to aged and disability care facilities, volunteers are not eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Phase 1a.
- All workers, including the many volunteers, who provide care services in a community or home setting are also not included in Phase 1a.
- Rural Fire Service and State Emergency Service volunteers are included in Phase 1b.
- Disability and aged care support volunteers who provide support to people in their homes, respite care, educational, employment, leisure and/or residential settings, including those providing transport and advocacy services are included in Phase 1b.
Phase 2a & 2b
- As of 22 March, we are awaiting confirmation of which workers (including volunteers) will be prioritised in subsequent phases.
Click here for more information on the above roll-out program.
More resources on the Victorian Coronavirus vaccine program:
Still have questions – get in touch with us via [email protected]